In this video, Gini von Courter demonstrates editing textbox controls and applying a theme to a PowerApps application.
- [Instructor] Let's look at the browse screen…so we can understand the layout of this screen.…We have one long control here,…if you click off and click back on,…this is called a browse gallery.…And in the browse gallery we have one card after another.…And each card can store specific data,…title, subtitle, and body, for example.…And then this gallery is connected directly…to our data source, to table one.…If I had a number of different records in that data source,…I would see one record after another reflected here.…
If I select any card other than the top card,…I'm selecting the entire gallery.…And this is the description of the items in the gallery,…it's sorting by columns,…it's searching in specific columns…and it's bringing in particular fields from the data source,…assigned to, install type problem, and so on.…So when I select the first item,…I'm actually selecting items in that top card.…When I'm selecting the entire thing,…I'm selecting the gallery.…I want to modify what's in the first cards.…
So the first thing I have is subtitle one,…
- Recognize which devices a mobile-first app is designed for.
- Explain how to download an app template.
- Recall which screen in PowerApps displays one card after another.
- Identify layouts available in PowerApps.
- Determine how to enter text as a constant.
- List two terms to describe the first screen that’s loaded when the app is launched.
- Identify the URL used to run PowerApps in a browser.
- Explain how to launch an app from Dynamics 365.