This video shows us how to create an app from an Excel workbook stored in OneDrive for Business. We also see how to select the correct data table for our app.
- [Instructor] Alright, now we're gonna go ahead…and start to create our app…so we're gonna click on the PowerApps link…and it will take us to our PowerApps homepage.…We are going to go to the Apps page and…click on Create an app, up here at the top.…It's gonna take us to our new Apps page and…you'll see the data connection we're going to use…is right here, OneDrive for Business,…and we're going to do another Phone app,…this will be another Phone layout.…
We're gonna click that…and you'll see it's got our OneDrive for Business…and it's showing us everything that's in our…OneDrive for Business.…Now, it says right here at the top, Choose an Excel file,…and there may be Excel files in these folders,…and we could open the folders and check,…but the want we want is right here, Property Reviews.…So we're gonna click there,…and it's going to prompt us to choose a table.…We have three data tables in that Excel workbook…and this is why we name them, because otherwise…it would be table one, table two, table three,…it might not be clear which table was which.…
- What can you do with PowerApps?
- Data connections for PowerApps
- Creating an app using data from a SharePoint list
- Creating an app from an Excel workbook
- Using templates to create apps
- Creating an app for Microsoft Dynamics
- Creating an app for Salesforce
Skill Level Beginner
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Branding SharePoint Siteswith Gini von Courter56m 10s Intermediate
Microsoft Flow Essential Trainingwith Bill Kulterman1h 49m Beginner
1. Getting Started with PowerApps
2. Create an App from a SharePoint List
3. Create the Reviewer App from Excel in OneDrive
4. Create an App from a Template
5. Create an App for Microsoft Dynamics
6. Create an App for Salesforce
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.