CDS for Apps includes commonly used entities; creating new entities is a normal part of app development. In this video, Gini von Courter demonstrates creating a custom entity in PowerApps.
- [Instructor] Before we create a custom entity … a brief word about ownership. … In the last movie I talked about the fact … that their were two different types of entities. … There were activity entities and other entities. … Another way to slice and dice entities is based … on ownership. … There are really four different types … of ownerships. … But two of them are not available to us. … Their really reserved to Microsoft in a way. … The first type of entity ownership … is a user or team-owned entity. … This is the default and if I create a user … or team-owned entity there will be … a number of fields added to be able to track things, … like what user or what team owns this particular entity. … The second choice is organization-owned. … This is not the default, if I indicate that an entity … is organizationally owned then all those extra fields … that are created for user or team-owned entities … will not be created. … I'll simply get one new field. … And I'll show you where you set this …
- Recall the URL for the PowerApps portal.
- Recognize the template used to create a three-screen mobile app from existing data.
- Name the default type of entity ownership.
- Determine the type of relationship between two entities.
- Identify the prefix for Microsoft Dynamics entities.
- Explain where PowerApps business rules run, even on canvas apps.
- Recognize an example of an artifact type of component.