In this video, Gini von Courter demonstrates creating an app using the Employee Engagement Survey template in PowerApps and using the PowerApps Studio. Actions include choosing the correct environment and location for the app's data source.
- [Instructor] Make sure you're in the proper environment…because we're going to create another app.…In this case the app that we will create…is the Employee Engagement Survey.…You can scroll to it or you can simply search for Survey.…At the top of the list notice the form factor for this,…it's a phone form factor,…and click Make this app.…This is a simple app with five questions,…seven or eight screens,…that can be distributed so you…can collect information and it's…an employee engagement app because it wants…you to help employees become more engaged.…
PowerApps is getting things ready.…And we'll end up in our editor,…PowerApps Studio, here in the browser.…Welcome to PowerApps Studio.…Would I like to see a preview of this app?…That's not a bad idea.…Let's see what the app is going to do…before we do anything else with it.…This is part of the discernment process.…So I click and let's click the Preview button right here.…Remember we could also press F5 on the keyboard to play.…This is what the app looks like.…
I can click Get started.…
- Recognize which devices a mobile-first app is designed for.
- Explain how to download an app template.
- Recall which screen in PowerApps displays one card after another.
- Identify layouts available in PowerApps.
- Determine how to enter text as a constant.
- List two terms to describe the first screen that’s loaded when the app is launched.
- Identify the URL used to run PowerApps in a browser.
- Explain how to launch an app from Dynamics 365.