In this video you see how to connect a drop-down field to a data table.
- [Instructor] We've added our dropdown menu and it works.…It gives us a dropdown menu.…It's just not connected to the right data…and that's what we need to do now.…We're gonna go ahead…and we are going to select that dropdown field…and we're gonna go up to the top here to our Formula.…We're gonna get rid of DropDownSample…and we wanna connect it to the table…that we want it to pull that data from.…So if we go back and take a look at our data sources,…remember it is called RoomType.…
That's the data table that has the data we want.…So we're gonna go into our Formula Bar…and we're gonna start typing…and I just have to put in R-O-O and it took me here…and I see RoomType and it's now connected…to the right data table.…Let's preview it and when we select the dropdown,…that's exactly what we wanted, isn't it?…So now we're connected to the data.…
Now we need to go ahead and deal with these warnings.…Let's click on this one here,…DataCardValue21.Y plus DataCardValue21.Height.…It's looking for the data card that we deleted.…
- What can you do with PowerApps?
- Data connections for PowerApps
- Creating an app using data from a SharePoint list
- Creating an app from an Excel workbook
- Using templates to create apps
- Creating an app for Microsoft Dynamics
- Creating an app for Salesforce
Skill Level Beginner
SharePoint 2016: Branding SharePoint Siteswith Gini von Courter56m 10s Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
Microsoft Flow Essential Trainingwith Bill Kulterman1h 49m Beginner
1. Getting Started with PowerApps
2. Create an App from a SharePoint List
3. Create the Reviewer App from Excel in OneDrive
4. Create an App from a Template
5. Create an App for Microsoft Dynamics
6. Create an App for Salesforce
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.