To get our search function to work the way you want, you need to alter the formula controlling it, and in this video you watch as Bill changes the formula.
- [Male Instructor] We're here in our browse screen,…and we still need to fix a couple of things.…We're going to now in this movie fix the search.…Let's go ahead and let's preview our app.…So, we have a search box here…and let's say that we want to search by schools.…So, we're going to, we see that Pepperdine…is the first one on the list…and we're gonna type it in and nothing comes back.…That doesn't seem like that works very well, does it?…Now, search is actually pretty complicated.…
Let's go and take a look.…We're gonna click on our browse gallery…and once more, look at this formula here.…We already dealt with the sort,…now, we're gonna look at filter.…And filter is really what we're doing.…We call it search, but we're really filtering.…Because we want to filter the list…and only return, in our case it was the University.…We see filter and we have to kind of look by color.…So, filter starts with,…and this is what it's looking for, the title.…
And remember, title is department.…So let's go and let's preview our app again.…
- What can you do with PowerApps?
- Data connections for PowerApps
- Creating an app using data from a SharePoint list
- Creating an app from an Excel workbook
- Using templates to create apps
- Creating an app for Microsoft Dynamics
- Creating an app for Salesforce
Skill Level Beginner
SharePoint 2016: Branding SharePoint Siteswith Gini von Courter56m 10s Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
Microsoft Flow Essential Trainingwith Bill Kulterman1h 49m Beginner
1. Getting Started with PowerApps
2. Create an App from a SharePoint List
3. Create the Reviewer App from Excel in OneDrive
4. Create an App from a Template
5. Create an App for Microsoft Dynamics
6. Create an App for Salesforce
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.