This video shows us how to change an editable field into a view only field to prevent unwanted changes.
- [Instructor] All right, our detail screen is completed.…It's time for us to move on to the edit screen.…Now the edit screen, let me zoom out here a little bit,…the edit screen has a lot of stuff on it.…It's pretty crowded.…I don't need all of this so I am gonna pause here…and get rid of a few of these fields and reorder them.…I'll be right back.…All right, I'm back.…I've gotten rid of a couple fields.…I've ordered them the way I want…and I've even made a couple of columns.…And if you don't know how to do those things,…I have movies that show you elsewhere in this course.…
Now this is an edit screen and as such,…everything on this screen is editable.…Let's go ahead and let's preview our app…and you'll see I can…change any of these fields.…And the problem with that is…I don't really want everybody…to be able to change these fields.…In fact, the only fields I want people to be able to change…are department, start date, and end date.…I don't want people to be able to change…the first and last name of our interns…or the school or their major,…
- What can you do with PowerApps?
- Data connections for PowerApps
- Creating an app using data from a SharePoint list
- Creating an app from an Excel workbook
- Using templates to create apps
- Creating an app for Microsoft Dynamics
- Creating an app for Salesforce
Skill Level Beginner
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Branding SharePoint Siteswith Gini von Courter56m 10s Intermediate
Microsoft Flow Essential Trainingwith Bill Kulterman1h 49m Beginner
1. Getting Started with PowerApps
2. Create an App from a SharePoint List
3. Create the Reviewer App from Excel in OneDrive
4. Create an App from a Template
5. Create an App for Microsoft Dynamics
6. Create an App for Salesforce
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.