We want to give our users the ability to make choices from a drop-down menu. In this video we learn how add a drop-down field into our app.
- [Narrator] Right we are here on our edit screen…and our app is coming along.…It's time for us to do…what's probably my favorite part of this app.…And that is to go ahead and add…those dropdown menus and connect them…to the data.…Let's go ahead and let's take…a quick look at our property review file…and take a look at those little data tables.…You will see that the tables both have a new column,…called Power Apps ID. Power Apps when we connected the…data to the tables added this information.…
There is also a new column here…on our review table as well.…Power Apps ID, when we made those connections…it added that data. Now let's take a look at the data…that's in these tables room type.…We have one empty field why we have done that…is because that's what we want to be the default.…We want it to be a blank field…rather than, if we didn't have that…it would always be double.…Would be the default field and same with rating…it would be poor, so we wanted to leave a blank field…so we had to add those to…those tables.…
All right let's go ahead now…
- What can you do with PowerApps?
- Data connections for PowerApps
- Creating an app using data from a SharePoint list
- Creating an app from an Excel workbook
- Using templates to create apps
- Creating an app for Microsoft Dynamics
- Creating an app for Salesforce
Skill Level Beginner
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Branding SharePoint Siteswith Gini von Courter56m 10s Intermediate
Microsoft Flow Essential Trainingwith Bill Kulterman1h 49m Beginner
1. Getting Started with PowerApps
2. Create an App from a SharePoint List
3. Create the Reviewer App from Excel in OneDrive
4. Create an App from a Template
5. Create an App for Microsoft Dynamics
6. Create an App for Salesforce
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.