Join Thomas Pantels for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Optimizing Code with Windows Power Tools.
With these diagnostic tools and some efficient programming, you can reduce your app's power consumption while improving its response times. In this course, Thomas Pantels introduces a handful of tools used to measure and optimize power consumption. You will see demos on how to use the Intel Power Gadget, Windows Performance Toolkit, TypePerf, and SoC Watch, along with some simple coding tips for making any Windows app more energy efficient.
- Collecting and analyzing power data with Intel Power Gadget
- Implementing a rendering state machine
- Collecting and analyzing data with the Windows Performance Toolkit
- Understanding idle states, call stack walking, and thread activity
- Windows OS Timer Tick Resolution Rate change
- Optimization techniques to make your app power efficient
- Collecting, analyzing, and comparing data with Windows TypePerf and SoC Watch
Skill Level Intermediate
Developing Universal Windows Appswith Stacey Mulcahy2h 13m Beginner
1. How to Use Intel Power Gadget
2. How to Use Windows Performance Toolkit
3. How to Use Windows Typeperf
4. How to Use Intel Energy Profiler SoC Watch
Next steps2m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.