Learn how to connect and transform your data with Power BI Desktop, Microsoft's powerful data analysis and visualization software.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Gini Courter. In this course I'll show you how to use Power BI Desktop, including Desktop Pro, the offline design tools for Power BI data sets, reports, and dashboards. We'll begin with a quick overview of business intelligence, including Power BI's place in that, and then we'll begin using Power BI Desktop to get, model, visualize and publish data and reports that you can share with your colleagues.
We'll connect to data from files, databases, the web, even from Facebook, use the query editor to shape and transform our data model, create multipage reports using graphs, text-based tiles, maps and slicers, then publish it all on the Power BI service at PowerBI.com so we can share it. We have a lot to do. Let's get started.
AuthorGini von Courter
- Installing and launching Power BI Desktop
- Connecting to Excel and CSV files
- Connecting to a database or web data
- Querying data
- Transforming data
- Creating relationship between tables
- Merging data
- Creating visualizations and reports
- Publishing to the Power BI service
- Sharing and unsharing reports
Skill Level Intermediate
Where is the course Power BI Features in Depth as mentioned throughout this course?
Power BI Features in Depth has been retired. Please see instead Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop.
1. Get Started
2. Get Data
3. Model Data: Shaping, Combining, and Merging Data
4. Create Visualizations and Reports
5. Share Your Work
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.