Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Using visualizations, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Remember that when we're sharing data…and sharing our analysis, what we're sharing…are dashboards.…You and I have access to the data set and the report…in the dashboard, but people who we share this with…will begin with the dashboard.…The dashboard is a presentation of one or more…visualizations that were created in a report.…This is a nice collection.…And you'll recognize some of these from the report.…Now if a use wants to click, for example,…on a tile, they can do that and they can pop a tile out…in what's called focused mode.…
If I click this button, I see this tile by itself…and then I can go back in my thing.…That's kind of silly, but if it's something like a chart,…this allows me to be able to read the axis labels…and to see more detail.…I like that.…And if I want to access the report,…I can just double-click on a tile…and it will take me immediately to the report.…If you look at the navigation pane on the left,…I'm actually in this report.…And when I'm in the report,…I can do something a little more exciting…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learn Microsoft Power BI Desktop: The Basicswith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Fundamentalswith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.