Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Use a slicer to filter visualizations, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] When I'm using a visualization as a filter…as I have been, clicking on one item.…It focuses the information on that page of the report…on that one item.…If I go to another page,…not so much, but back here into this territory…and notice that as soon as I go back to this page,…it gets reset.…I can also hold Control to select multiple items if I wish.…And that works just fine.…
It doesn't often feel like I should be able to do that,…but I can do that on the map as well,…I can select different items,…I can hold Control and select different items.…But sometimes I'd like to have a very specific tool…that is an obvious way to filter the items on a page and…that's a slicer.…Slicers are right here.…And the easiest way to do this is to…add whatever it is I'd like to slice by…like territory.…
It's geospacial so it comes in as a map,…but I'm going to click Slicer to convert that to a Slicer.…And a Slicer is pretty much like a table,…but it gives me check boxes as well,…because I can multiselect in a Slicer.…So if now I choose for example, Kentucky,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktopwith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.