Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Upload a CSV file, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] If I'd like to connect…to some data that I have locally,…for example, a CSV file, I will choose…import or connect to data, click the get button.…Notice that I can retrieve data from SharePoint,…from my personal OneDrive,…from my OneDrive for business.…When I'm using OneDrive, the data…of course is already in the cloud,…so there is some strategy to using those choices…as well as SharePoint, because…my data can be easily refreshed.…
With a local file, I'm really doing an import…of what's essentially a snapshot,…and I'm going to need to make sure…that I refresh that going forward.…If I have data that I want to be able to refresh easily,…I would be better off uploading it first…to OneDrive for business, or…for example, to a SharePoint site.…I'm going to go into my exercise files,…and to chapter 2, and choose GDP Americas.…This isn't a huge file, 45K.…
This is the file that I would like to upload.…It says this could take a little while, but it's here.…That's pretty quick.…I'm going to click view data set to view my data set.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktopwith Gini von Courter2h 52m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.