Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding Power BI, part of Learn Microsoft Power BI Desktop: The Basics.
- [Voiceover] BI, or business intelligence,…is a broad category of technologies…that allow us to get data from one or many sources,…to create a model of that data,…which often requires transforming the data,…combining or merging data, shaping data,…adding calculations,…then to use that data model to create reports,…score cards, dashboards and different types…of visualizations like charts and maps.…And then to share that data with our colleagues…so that they can take the data and the resulting reports…and make better business decisions.…
That's the point of business intelligence.…Better business decisions.…Until recently, any discussion…about BI was really a discussion…about Enterprise business intelligence…and the players in this industry are huge.…They create large products that have a high cost…of implementation and in terms not just…of money but of time.…Things like Microsoft SQL Server,…along with analysis services and reporting services…that can be tied into your CRM system…or tied into your manufacturing systems…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Installing and launching Power BI Desktop
- Connecting to Excel and CSV files
- Connecting to a database or web data
- Querying data
- Transforming data
- Creating relationship between tables
- Merging data
- Creating visualizations and reports
- Publishing to the Power BI service
- Sharing and unsharing reports
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Excel Power Pivot and Power View Dashboardswith Ron Davis1h 12m Intermediate
Data Modeling with Excel Power Pivotwith Ron Davis1h 15m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Get Data
3. Model Data: Shaping, Combining, and Merging Data
4. Create Visualizations and Reports
5. Share Your Work
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.