Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Tweak your dataset for Q&A, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] The Q&A feature of Power BI…can make any dashboard easier to use,…so if you are the person who is uploading information,…it's good for you to take a little bit of time…to understand how Power BI Q&A works…and what you could do with your data…before you upload data sets to make it easier to work with.…As an example, let's look at a Microsoft Excel…Workbook that has data in it.…Power BI identifies specific entities, for example, tables.…
Now, when you create a table in Excel,…its name is Table One, but you can…rename that table, and if you do then that table…can be called out in a Q&A question.…The second entity that's used are your column names,…and I've already pointed out that…a column name that is easier for users…to understand is a better column name.…If my column name is Cat R-E-Q,…that's harder than Catalog Requests or Requests.…It also uses calculated field names,…so these are the entities, not necessarily the information…in rows, although as we saw that detail can be pulled up…record-by-record, but focus rather on having…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.