Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Transform data, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] We're going to continue with the PBIX file…that I saved at the end of the last movie.…And it is called ReducedStates.pbix,…and that file type will automatically load,…Power BI Desktop for me.…Now, it won't take me into the query,…and it doesn't automatically show me the data.…If I wish to go back and edit my query,…I can drop back into the Query Editor from here.…I'd like to show you the Transformation Tools,…that are available to you.…
First, we have a Subset of Transformation Tools,…that allow us for example, to Split a Column in half.…If we have for example, city comma state.…Then we can split that based on a delimiter,…or if we have account numbers,…and the first five digits perhaps are…the department and the next four are the cost center,…and so I can do that by a number of characters.…I'm also allowed to Group, based on values,…and a selected column.…
So I might do this, if for example,…I had a region and I had then states,…or a territory and states, then I could select…Territory and Group by Territory,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktopwith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.