Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Sort, copy, and paste visualizations, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Let's look at another way that we could…create a slicer.…I'm going to delete the slicer we have already.…The information that we need in the slicer…and a little bit more is already in…this year's Sales By Territory.…There's the territory, we wanted the sales not so much,…but I'm going to copy this.…Now, you can right-click here and choose Copy,…but I will select this instead and hold Control…and hit C, and then click elsewhere,…and hold Control and hit V, which is paste,…and you'll notice I have an absolute copy of this,…and I could put this on another page as well…if my preference would be to put it there.…
Now what I'm going to do is I'm going to…choose to remove this year's sales.…What I'll have is territory, but then if I flip…this over to a slicer, there's my slicer.…I can start with an existing visualization…that has one or more of the fields that I need,…and simply use copy and paste to create a copy of it.…As I pointed out in the last movie,…this list of territories is in alphabetical order,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktopwith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.