Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Signup for Power BI, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] To begin using Power BI,…go to PowerBI.com and this is the page you'll see…with some basic information about Power BI.…And a couple of different places…that have a choice to get started for free.…If I click this link, it allows me…to chose two possibilities.…One is to download Power BI Desktop for Windows,…which will again, allow us to build models…and to do much of the work on our desktop,…or to view data and work with some pre-built…artifacts on PowerBI.com, the Power BI service.…
We're going to do both, but let's begin…by clicking the sign up for Power BI.…Notice that you need to provide a work email address,…not a Gmail address or Yahoo or Live.com…or Hotmail, anything like that.…This needs to be your work or your school.…And then click sign up.…And it says I'm already using this with another…Microsoft service, in other words,…I'm not brand new to Microsoft with this particular login.…
So to finish signing up, simply provide…my existing password and I'll click sign in.…And it says I need to agree to the terms and conditions.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop (2016)with Gini von Courter2h 52m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.