Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Sharing and unsharing reports, part of Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop.
- [Voiceover] This is the file that we published previously…in Power BI and this is our report.…It's the CatRequestMap that we've been viewing.…Here's the data set.…We can continue to work with…and do great things with this data set…and create new visualizations,…lots of things that we can do if we wish.…However, we don't share data sets and share reports.…What we share are the PBIX file,…all of the parts, all of the components…which is a dashboard.…
So if I click Dashboard,…and I'm not gonna save those changes…I just casually made.…Notice that I have a choice right here to share.…When I share this, it's going to be read-only.…When people share with me,…the dashboards and reports they share with me are read-only.…So I'm gonna click Share.…I can invite people by entering their email addresses.…I'm going to scroll down a little bit…so you can see more of this.…First, it tells me that it's not shared with anyone…because we just got here.…
But if I wanted to share this with someone,…and notice that it has some text and email.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Installing and launching Power BI Desktop
- Connecting to Excel and CSV files
- Connecting to a database or web data
- Querying data
- Transforming data
- Creating relationship between tables
- Merging data
- Creating visualizations and reports
- Publishing to the Power BI service
- Sharing and unsharing reports
Skill Level Intermediate
Where is the course Power BI Features in Depth as mentioned throughout this course?
Power BI Features in Depth has been retired. Please see instead Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop.
1. Get Started
2. Get Data
3. Model Data: Shaping, Combining, and Merging Data
4. Create Visualizations and Reports
5. Share Your Work
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.