Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Share from a mobile app, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] One of my tests for…whether an app is something that interests me or not…is how often I find that I have to…put the mobile solution aside…and go log on to a desktop or a laptop…in order to get something done.…If I'm on the road and I notice something,…I'd like to be able to easily share this…with my colleagues or members of my team,…and the Power BI apps meet my need…to be able to do that easily.…In the upper righthand corner, there's a share button,…and I can quickly invite a colleague or colleagues,…it works exactly the same way as when…I'm offering up those invitations in Power BI Service.…
I can also decide I don't want to share with Victor anymore,…and if I click Edit, for example,…I can remove his invitation.…Just hit that red circle,…and that invitation to Victor is gone…as if I had uninvited him,…because that, in effect, is what I will have done.…But there's one more tool that I'm really crazy about,…to tell you the truth,…because often what I have found myself doing…if I'm looking at a dashboard like this…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop (2016)with Gini von Courter2h 52m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.