Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Set visualization interactions, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] By default the visualizations…in this report affect each other.…They're used to be able to cross filter…information even if I am using, not a slicer,…but the map to select Virginia,…notice that it modifies what's happening…in my column chart.…That may or may not be what I want.…It's possible that what I'd like to have…is the ability to have these less connected.…
To be able to have them not interact as strongly as they do.…For example, it's possible on the district information page…that I'd like to be able to have my users…choose something and not have it affect everything else.…And if that's what I want, what I need to do…is essentially disconnect the interaction…between two or more of these moving parts.…So, let's return to our store info page…and click edit report.…
And what we want to do is click visual interactions…and the button will then have a highlight behind it…so we can tell it's turned on.…And when I select a particular visualization…the other visualizations light up.…Let's say for example, that if someone modifies the map,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learn Microsoft Power BI Desktop: The Basicswith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Fundamentalswith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.