Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Set a Featured (default) dashboard, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Remember that part of the power…of dashboards is that a dashboard can include tiles…from multiple reports.…One of the things you might consider creating…is a dashboard that serves as your default control panel,…that lets you see the information that you need…to best do your job.…Or to create that for your team as a whole.…Whatever that dashboard is, once you've created it,…you have the ability, not just to favorite it,…but to make that dashboard the default dashboard,…so that when you open Power BI, it's what you see first,…which makes it really easy then to use it more and more.…
If I want to make this dashboard my default,…what is called a Featured Dashboard,…all I do is select this dashboard, click the Menu button…in the upper right corner of the dashboard…and choose Set as Featured Dashboard.…And it says now, I'll no longer land on the last dashboard…I visit, so the alternative is Power BI's keeping track…of where I was last and opens it in the same place.…Now I don't want it to do that.…I want it to come to this dashboard every single time,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learn Microsoft Power BI Desktop: The Basicswith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Fundamentalswith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.