Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Republishing a dataset to the Power BI service, part of Learn Microsoft Power BI Desktop: The Basics.
- [Voiceover] I've been working with the Power BI site,…making some changes in my slicer,…checking out how my data changes,…like in my report a lot.…All good.…Now, if I happen to change my report in Power BI Desktop,…or happen to change my data set in Power BI Desktop,…I can republish it here to Power BI.…As a matter of fact, I could have published to begin with,…from Power BI Desktop.…
If you don't have the PBIX file that you published open,…this would be a good time to open it in Power BI Desktop.…And I'm going to make a couple of changes here,…and I'm actually very content with how our data is working.…So, I don't have a huge need to make sweeping changes,…but I'm going to simply modify the background.…I've decided I prefer to have something…that was a light green, rather than the yellow.…So, I'm going to do that for our slicers.…
Could be that all of my date slicers are already green…and all of my geographic slicers would be yellow.…You can make choices about whatever's going to work…the best for your users,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Installing and launching Power BI Desktop
- Connecting to Excel and CSV files
- Connecting to a database or web data
- Querying data
- Transforming data
- Creating relationship between tables
- Merging data
- Creating visualizations and reports
- Publishing to the Power BI service
- Sharing and unsharing reports
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Excel Power Pivot and Power View Dashboardswith Ron Davis1h 12m Intermediate
Data Modeling with Excel Power Pivotwith Ron Davis1h 15m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Get Data
3. Model Data: Shaping, Combining, and Merging Data
4. Create Visualizations and Reports
5. Share Your Work
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.