Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Refreshing and removing datasets and reports, part of Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop.
- [Voiceover] This is a PBIX file that we have published…to powerbi.com, Power BI service,…and I'd like to show you what you can do with the dataset.…There's an open menu for datasets, for dashboards,…and so on, but let's just look at the dataset…because I mentioned that you might want to remove a dataset…and publish again, and this is where you remove a dataset.…In the same place, if I click this menu,…I can remove or rename a report.…So if you already have a dataset and you used a name,…and you think, "That name really belongs to something else,"…you can come in and rename your dashboard's reports…and datasets.…
You can refresh the data or schedule a refresh,…and if you need to do that,…you need to also install a personal gateway,…and that is beyond the scope of this particular course,…but you can learn more about gateways…in the Power BI course in the lynda.com library.…You also have the ability to get…quick insights about your data,…and it will search for insights and tell you…what it sees from looking at the data that's here.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Installing and launching Power BI Desktop
- Connecting to Excel and CSV files
- Connecting to a database or web data
- Querying data
- Transforming data
- Creating relationship between tables
- Merging data
- Creating visualizations and reports
- Publishing to the Power BI service
- Sharing and unsharing reports
Skill Level Intermediate
Where is the course Power BI Features in Depth as mentioned throughout this course?
Power BI Features in Depth has been retired. Please see instead Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop.
1. Get Started
2. Get Data
3. Model Data: Shaping, Combining, and Merging Data
4. Create Visualizations and Reports
5. Share Your Work
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.