Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Reducing data with the Query Editor, part of Learn Microsoft Power BI Desktop: The Basics.
- [Voiceover] If you were working along with me…earlier in this course, then you may have saved…your retrieval of web data as Major Indices.pbix…and put it in the Chapter 03 folder.…So if you have this file, you can open it.…But this file would only be in the Exercise Files folder…if you had created and saved it.…Power BI Desktop files, these PBIX files,…have queries in them that include an absolute path…and therefore the only way you'll have this file locally…is if you created it locally.…
If not, just follow along.…But any time you have a PBIX file…and you open it, Power BI Desktop…or Power BI Desktop Pro…will automatically be opened for you,…because that's the application that's assigned…to the PBIX file extension.…This means that I can start to work with Power BI Desktop,…perhaps simply connect to my data, do nothing more,…and save it so I can return and work on it when I wish.…
Here's my dataset.…This is the information that came out of…the Microsoft Money Central site,…and you all remember that it has some nice column headings,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Installing and launching Power BI Desktop
- Connecting to Excel and CSV files
- Connecting to a database or web data
- Querying data
- Transforming data
- Creating relationship between tables
- Merging data
- Creating visualizations and reports
- Publishing to the Power BI service
- Sharing and unsharing reports
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Excel Power Pivot and Power View Dashboardswith Ron Davis1h 12m Intermediate
Data Modeling with Excel Power Pivotwith Ron Davis1h 15m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Get Data
3. Model Data: Shaping, Combining, and Merging Data
4. Create Visualizations and Reports
5. Share Your Work
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.