Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Publish a report to the web, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] This is our Retail Analysis two report…that we created.…We've mostly been spending our time in dashboards recently,…but there is a way for us to share reports as well.…When you share a report what you're going to do…is you're going to publish it.…We'll choose File and we're going to Publish it to the web,…but the description is worth reading,…because it says we are going to embed this report…for public access by anyone on the internet.…This is not what you do with company data…that should not be shared publicly.…
Not only are you sharing it with anyone,…but if you have something that's pretty spectacular looking…it might be chosen to be displayed in a gallery,…sort of best practices and how people are using Power BI,…so remember that you only want to share reports…if you're happy with everyone and their relatives…being able to see them.…But having said that we want to do that,…I'm going to then Publish to the web.…
Notice that I'm going to have the ability…to create an embed code…that I can include in a website…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktopwith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.