AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Welcome to Power BI. I'm Gini von Courter. In this course, I'll show you how you can easily create visualizations, that help your team and your organization understand the data that you're already collecting. Power BI is a set of tools, Power BI Service, Power BI Publisher for Excel, Power BI Desktop and Desktop Pro, and Power BI for Mobile. We will focus the first half of this course in the web-based Power BI Service.
We'll be importing data, creating charts and other visualizations, and arranging those visualizations into reports. We'll also use the Power BI Publisher to pin elements directly from Excel to Power BI dashboards. Finally, we'll take a look at the Power BI for Mobile Apps and see how we can use them to view and share the reports and dashboards that we've created. We have a lot to learn. Let's get started.
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop (2016)with Gini von Courter2h 52m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.