Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Pin a tile from another dashboard, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Remember that when we look at a report,…one of the things this report has in common…is it's based on one and only one data set.…All of this information comes from one place.…That is not necessarily true for dashboards.…When I create a dashboard, I'm allowed to…pin tiles from multiple reports and therefore…multiple data sets.…I can also pin tiles from another dashboard.…So if I have a number of dashboards the represent…for example, different regions but I'd like to…have some of them appear in a summary that shows…five different regions and tiles to represent them,…I can do that easily.…
I just open the dashboard that I want to take the tile from…and I pin it.…So let's go, for example, to our Bing search…that we did earlier.…And I'm going to scroll across to the top languages tile.…Click the open menu button and choose pin.…And when I'm asked where to place it,…I'll choose Retail Analysis 2.…And pin it there.…If we now go back to Retail Analysis 2,…there it is.…
If I want to remove it, simple.…Pitch it in the trash.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktopwith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.