Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Pin a report tile to a dashboard, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] I absolutely love this particular visualization, Total Units This Year by Category and Buyer. And I'd like this to be in my new dashboard. I'm simply going to point to it. Now notice that if I'm in Edit Report, I still have that pin button, it doesn't really matter either way. Click Pin Visual, and I'm going to put it in a new dashboard and this dashboard is going to be Retail Analysis Two, the same name as my report.
There's the new Retail Analysis Two dashboard, and when I click it has one visualization, that's it right there. Doesn't it look splendid? I think it does. Let's go grab one more. And I'm going to return to my report an the visualization I would like here is this District Info Total Units Last Year and This Year by District. Pin visual. Where to? Retail Analysis Two.
Pin. It's there. And here is our dashboard thus far.
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.