Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Pin a report page as a live tile, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] There's another way to get information…from my report, and add it to a dashboard,…but I need to make a distinction between…the method we just used and the method…that we're going to use.…The easiest way to see this is if I…go back to Retail Analysis 2,…and I modify this particular visualization,…let's edit the report, and I'm simply…going to remove Buyer out of this visualization.…
There we go.…Notice, no buyers anymore, no subdivision.…I don't have a hierarchy any longer,…just category and total units this year,…and I'm going to Save this.…Now let's go back to our dashboard.…Our dashboard still has the hierarchy in it…because when this tile was created,…it was created, it takes me back to the report…that doesn't have a hierarchy in it,…but when I created my dashboard, that snapshot…included the level of detail…that was available at that time.…
What this means is that if I…pin a tile, and then I modify my report,…the modifications to the report…aren't reflect here in my dashboard,…and sometimes that is exactly what I want,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop (2016)with Gini von Courter2h 52m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.