Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Pin an Excel element to a dashboard, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] In the last movie,…we installed the Power BI Publisher for Excel.…Now, I'd like to open an Excel workbook.…If you access to the exercise files,…you'll find in Chapter Five,…Catalog Requests Chart.xlsx…If you don't have access to the exercise files,…open any Excel workbook that includes…both a table or range of some kind and a chart.…Let's see how this works with Power BI.…Now, the first time that you open a workbook…after you've installed the publisher,…you may well see a splash screen…that tells you there's a new tool…but it's right here.…
Power BI.…And if I wish to pin a chart or a range,…whatever I'd like to pin,…first, I'll select it…and then I'm going to click Pin.…This is so cool, I love this.…It says select a workspace to pin in to.…My Workspace.…And then given that that's the workspace I'm using,…I only have one right now,…where would I like to pin it?…Well, I wouldn't like to pin it in any of these places.…This is a different type of data…and I'd like to pin this in the Catalog Requests dashboard…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktopwith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.