Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview: Sharing reports and dashboards, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] We have reports and dashboards…and we would like to share those with other members…of our team, with colleagues inside of our organization,…perhaps with members of our team who are outside vendors…or customers in a focus group.…The question then is, how do we share?…And there are several options and each option…has advantages and some disadvantages.…Let's take a look then at how we would best share…the reports and dashboards that we're creating.…The first choice is if we have a report…and we wish to share it, we can publish it to the web.…
When we do that, we maintain our interactivity,…and it's a great way to present something…for people to view only.…So, if you're imagining that you are going…to create a report to share…with a number of people…but they don't need to manipulate it…for their own analysis, this is a fine way to do this.…Our second choice is to simply share a dashboard.…When we do that, the interactivity is also maintained.…It is similar to a report, but there's one distinction.…
When you share a report by publishing it to the web,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learn Microsoft Power BI Desktop: The Basicswith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Fundamentalswith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.