Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview: Power BI Concepts, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Business intelligence isn't a new idea.…At its simplest form, business intelligence…is about connecting business decision-making…to facts about the business;…to really take a deep dive and understand…what the data is underneath your business…so that you're making better decisions.…We'll start by getting some data from one or more sources.…And particularly if we have multiple sources of data…that we're tying together, we will create a model…that expresses the relationships in the data.…We'll then create visualizations:…charts, tables, tiles, cards, and so on,…that we can share with our colleagues.…
And with all of that information summarized…in a way that's helpful and useful,…we'll be able to make better business decisions,…as a team or as an organization.…Until recently, business intelligence was…all large-enterprise business intelligence…and the players were big players:…SAP and Oracle, IBM, Microsoft,…and other large companies creating really large tools.…So enterprise BI was the realm more of the IT professional…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktopwith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.