Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Open a tile from a QR code, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Earlier we created a QR code…to be able to share a tile,…and I put it into a Word document,…and noted that you could print it on a business card,…put it on a poster.…I've seen people walking around with a QR code on a T-shirt.…And, if you have a QR reader on your iPad,…on your Android, on your mobile device,…then you can use that to work with Power BI.…So I'm going to fire up my QR reader, and there's the code…that we printed earlier.…
Notice it's loading,…and here comes the tile that we shared with this QR code.…That's powerful.…And that's easy.…Imagine that each week you have a different…visualization about the business that you'd like to share,…and you simply put that visualization on a poster…in the lobby or it appears on a back page of a report.…This is an easy way to take someone not into a report,…but into a specific tile in a dashboard…so that you could ask them their opinion,…fire it up, annotate and share this.…
What do you think about this?…Easy sharing with a very specific, razor sharp focus.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktopwith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.