Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] This is the end of this course, but certainly not the end of what you can learn about working with Power BI and the Power BI toolkit. This course focused Power BI from the point of view of Power BI Service. If you'd like to learn more about how to work with Power BI Desktop and Power BI Desktop Pro to create data models to transform your data, then I recommend learn Power BI Desktop: The Basics. If you were fascinated by the map visualizations, I highly recommend Chris Dutton's Excel Workshop: Visualizing Geospatial Data with Power Map.
Power Map is an add-in for Excel, but it's the same tool that's being used in Power BI for map visualizations, and if you are building your own models in Power BI and would like to know even more about the language behind Power BI, then I would recommend Ron Davis' Excel Power Pivot DAX in Depth. DAX or Data Analysis Expressions are also used in Power BI. It was truly a privilege to create this course for you, and I look forward to our learning adventure together.
Now it's your turn to put what you've learned to work so you can be more productive and more successful.
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktopwith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.