Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop (2016).
- [Voiceover] This is the end of this course,…but not the end of what you can do with Power BI…or what you can learn about Power BI.…Remember that Power BI desktop is only one tool,…and there's a complete set of tools available in Excel,…and everything that you see in Power BI service.…So if you'd like to know about the entire universe…of Power BI, I recommend Power BI Features in Depth.…If you'd like to know more about how to create…data models in Excel, because the data models…that you create there are very portable,…and you can do everything in Excel that we've done…here in Power BI desktop, then I'd like to suggest that you…begin with Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth,…which starts with pivot tables and then works its way up to…power pivot, which is really the data modeler for Excel,…which you would know from the name of this next course,…Data Modeling with Excel Power Pivot.…
Finally, if you liked the data mapping that we did,…don't miss Visualizing Geospatial Data with Power Map.…The power map add-in for Excel is actually what we've…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Installing and launching Power BI Desktop
- Connecting to Excel and CSV files
- Connecting to a database or web data
- Querying data
- Transforming data
- Creating relationship between tables
- Merging data
- Creating visualizations and reports
- Publishing to the Power BI service
- Sharing and unsharing reports
Skill Level Intermediate
Where is the course Power BI Features in Depth as mentioned throughout this course?
Power BI Features in Depth has been retired. Please see instead Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop.
1. Get Started
2. Get Data
3. Model Data: Shaping, Combining, and Merging Data
4. Create Visualizations and Reports
5. Share Your Work
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.