Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Merging data, part of Learn Microsoft Power BI Desktop: The Basics.
- [Voiceover] If you've been working along with me,…then this is the file that you saved at the end…of the last movie that I suggested you call Merge.…We'll be saving it one final time at the end…of this movie for work later with visualizations,…and we're going to use this related file now…to merge our queries together into one grand query…that puts together information about population…from the population tables as well as countries…and continents from all countries.…
The first thing I need to do is I wanna duplicate this…so I have a copy of all countries.…I just think that would be smart,…and so to do that, I need to go into the query editor.…Right click on all countries and let's duplicate it,…and I'll have all countries two.…That's the one I'd like to work with, then,…and I'm going to merge other queries into this.…So with all countries two selected, merge queries.…It says what would you like to merge into this?…I would like population by country,…and it says what columns, then, are related?…And you will remember from our relationships,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Installing and launching Power BI Desktop
- Connecting to Excel and CSV files
- Connecting to a database or web data
- Querying data
- Transforming data
- Creating relationship between tables
- Merging data
- Creating visualizations and reports
- Publishing to the Power BI service
- Sharing and unsharing reports
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Excel Power Pivot and Power View Dashboardswith Ron Davis1h 12m Intermediate
Data Modeling with Excel Power Pivotwith Ron Davis1h 15m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Get Data
3. Model Data: Shaping, Combining, and Merging Data
4. Create Visualizations and Reports
5. Share Your Work
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.