Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Manage pinned elements in Excel, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Remember that what we have published…to Power BI is essentially snapshots.…If my information changes, I'll need to…update those snapshots, and that's what I'll do…with the Pin Manager.…This is the same file that we used in the last movie…because we want to manage the pins that…we just finished publishing.…If you're working along with me then,…continue with whatever workbook you used in the last movie.…If you're just dropping in to find out…how to manage pins, this is one where you…might want to just watch.…
Let me show you an example.…We have reclassified, I shouldn't say we,…our organization has reclassified Kentucky,…which was in the South, to the Midwest.…The territory has changed,…works for me.…Easy enough to do going forward.…We'll select them all,…and if I look at our table or our chart,…we'd like to make sure that this chart…and that this table indeed reflect…the correct information, so in our PivotTable tools…on the Analyze tab, I'll click Refresh.…
The Midwest now has three more requests,…the South three fewer, and the columns…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktopwith Gini von Courter2h 52m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.