Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Launching Power BI Desktop, part of Learn Microsoft Power BI Desktop: The Basics.
- [Voiceover] If you've just installed Power BI Desktop…and you haven't yet clicked Finish,…you can simply insure that the…Launch Microsoft Power BI Desktop check box remained checked…and click Finish and it will launch Power BI,…but if you've passed by this point…or if you installed Power BI earlier,…then you'll simply want to go back…to your Windows environment to launch Power BI,…where you can either find it either under…Recently Added…or you can look in All Apps, and scroll down…to M, because it's under M for Microsoft.…
Microsoft Power BI Desktop right here…and click to launch.…Power BI Desktop opens with a nice splash screen,…if you don't want to see that in the future…you can turn off the check box right here,…I'll leave it on for right now.…One of the things you might frequently do…when you start Power BI is if you're working on…a new project, you'd immediately get data,…so that's your first link.…The second is to go back and retrieve data…that you've used recently.…
The third is to look at a report…that you've already created a combination…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Installing and launching Power BI Desktop
- Connecting to Excel and CSV files
- Connecting to a database or web data
- Querying data
- Transforming data
- Creating relationship between tables
- Merging data
- Creating visualizations and reports
- Publishing to the Power BI service
- Sharing and unsharing reports
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Excel Power Pivot and Power View Dashboardswith Ron Davis1h 12m Intermediate
Data Modeling with Excel Power Pivotwith Ron Davis1h 15m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Get Data
3. Model Data: Shaping, Combining, and Merging Data
4. Create Visualizations and Reports
5. Share Your Work
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.