Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Launch Power BI Desktop, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] At the start of this course after we logged in…for the first time to Power BI,…we downloaded Power BI Desktop.…And if you missed that part,…this would be a good time to download Power BI Desktop.…There's also a Pro version and the Pro version…simply means that you get more features.…It's more storage.…The items that we saw when we created groups.…So if you have upgraded to Power BI Pro,…when you download Power BI Desktop,…you'll have access to the Pro features.…
Power BI Desktop is an application in and of itself…and it duplicates…much of the functionality we've already seen.…You can use Power BI Services to create reports…and you can use Power BI Desktop to create reports.…You can use Power BI Services to get data…and you can use Power BI Desktop to get data.…I'm not going to show you everything there is to know…about Power BI Desktop,…but there are reasons that you would use…Power BI Desktop even if you're…primarily using Power BI Services.…
So I'd like to focus on those three features…in Power BI Desktop that are important…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktopwith Gini von Courter2h 52m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.