Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing Power BI Desktop, part of Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop.
- [Voiceover] To begin with Power BI,…go to the Power BI site.…That's powerbi.microsoft.com.…When the site loads, there's information…about how Power BI works,…the ability to see it in action,…and lots of opportunities to get started for free.…Click on any one of them,…and you're offered the opportunity to begin…by using some of the pre-built content packs,…but we're going to work with Power BI Desktop.…
Click Download.…And you'll need to enter your work email address.…Click the Get Started button.…Notice that it's already downloading,…and it has determined the appropriate version…based on my version of Windows.…As it downloads, we have the ability to take a tour…here on the site and see what's available…through some videos,…or you can analyze sample sales data,…see your Facebook activity or create tables from the web.…
So some choices of activities that you can do…while you wait for this to download.…This looks like it's going to be quite a while…because I'm on a slow connection.…You don't need to wait while it downloads.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Installing and launching Power BI Desktop
- Connecting to Excel and CSV files
- Connecting to a database or web data
- Querying data
- Transforming data
- Creating relationship between tables
- Merging data
- Creating visualizations and reports
- Publishing to the Power BI service
- Sharing and unsharing reports
Skill Level Intermediate
Where is the course Power BI Features in Depth as mentioned throughout this course?
Power BI Features in Depth has been retired. Please see instead Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop.
Creating Excel Power Pivot and Power View Dashboardswith Ron Davis1h 12m Intermediate
Data Modeling with Excel Power Pivotwith Ron Davis1h 15m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Get Data
3. Model Data: Shaping, Combining, and Merging Data
4. Create Visualizations and Reports
5. Share Your Work
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.