Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Install Power BI Publisher for Excel, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] There's another cool tool in the Power BI kit…that's called Power BI publisher for Excel.…We're going to use Power BI publisher for Excel…to publish items directly to dashboards.…You don't do this to publish items to reports.…So if you are in the process of creating a dashboard,…you've done everything you need to do in the report,…and now you want to add some items that come from Excel.…That's why you would use this tool.…The types of things that you can snapshot and pin…include PivotTables.…
There's no PivotTable visualization…that's available in Power BI…and yet PivotTables are a great way…to present summarization of information,…PivotCharts as well,…charts themselves and ranges of cells,…all of these are items that you can pin.…In order to use this tool,…you have to have Excel 2007 or better.…You have to download the tool…and it's going to add a ribbon to your version of Excel.…Let's take a look at how we can download…and install this tool.…
And then in the next movie,…we'll see how we can use it from Excel…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.