Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Install Power BI Desktop, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] When we first went to powerbi.com we had the choice to either sign up for Power BI Service or to download Power BI Desktop. But now that we're in the Power BI Service, we can download Power BI Desktop and other tools as well. For example, Power BI for Mobile, the new Power BI publisher for Excel but here Power BI Desktop. And it will take some time to download. I wasn't prompted for which version of Power BI I needed to download, it actually determines that based on the version of Windows that I am running.
So I've downloaded the 64 bit version of Power BI Desktop, it's computing the requirements to make sure it has enough space to install it. And when its done I'll be having it install for me. Click next, license terms, if you're not familiar with these, every once in a while you should read them. And I'm going to click next. I could leave a shortcut on my desktop. Its not inconvenient for me to have it there. Normally I don't do that but for this particular course I think I will leave it there.
And I'm going to click in install and install Power BI Desktop. We're done installing, if I want to launch this right now, I can, I also left a shortcut on my desktop. I'm going to not launch this right now because I don't need to use it yet. And click finish and I will see you in the next movie.
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktopwith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.