Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Inserting custom columns, part of Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop (2016).
- [Voiceover] This is a workbook called…CustomColumns that is found in…the Chapter 03 folder of the exercise files.…The data in this workbook comes from…two different sources: population by country…and population growth rate both come from…gapminder.org, and the individual tabs…for the continents have data that comes to us…from the United Nations.…And that United Nations data, specifically,…was found on Wikipedia.…
I wanna show you what we're gonna do…with this data before we actually start working with it…in Power BI Desktop.…I have data that comes to us from different places,…but it's similar data.…For example, I have data on the growth rates…and countries A, B, C and D that are all coming to us…from one continent.…And then I have data on the growth rate in countries…J, K, L and Q from another continent.…And more data on four other countries…from a third continent.…
This is a very usual thing.…For example, let's say we send a survey out…to five of our manufacturing facililties…and the results come back,…each facility's results, five different sets of data.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Installing and launching Power BI Desktop
- Connecting to Excel and CSV files
- Connecting to a database or web data
- Querying data
- Transforming data
- Creating relationship between tables
- Merging data
- Creating visualizations and reports
- Publishing to the Power BI service
- Sharing and unsharing reports
Skill Level Intermediate
Where is the course Power BI Features in Depth as mentioned throughout this course?
Power BI Features in Depth has been retired. Please see instead Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop.
1. Get Started
2. Get Data
3. Model Data: Shaping, Combining, and Merging Data
4. Create Visualizations and Reports
5. Share Your Work
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.