Power BI offers an entire marketing organization with tools to make sense of data. Learn how team members can leverage this suite to democratize data.
- [Instructor] What is Power BI exactly? It's a series of tools you can leverage to analyze your data. The goal of data analytics is to find actionable insights that can help you to make clear decisions and improve performance. These tools do a great job at enabling the entire marketing organization, whether you're the chief marketing officer, a marketing manager, or a marketing analyst, this suite of tools will truly help you to democratize your data. What I mean is that in order to get the most from your data, you have to be able to access and make sense of it first.
Power BI gives you the power to do just this, and it's a platform on the move, there are new features being announced constantly. The two fundamental components of Power BI are the desktop and the service. The desktop is an application you download and install, and the service runs in a web browser. These two platforms work hand in hand, but they also have some subtle differences, you'll wanna work with them both. With each platform, you can connect to the data and you can analyze the data.
The desktop application, however, allows for advanced data preparation, so you can connect to one of your data sources, and then transform and organize that data however you need. This level of data preparation is not available in the service, the service provides you with the added ability though to organize your reports into dashboards. A lot of the time I work from a Mac, and the service runs great from a browser. The desktop on the other hand, only runs on Windows. So what I do is I simply run a virtual machine in Azure, and the desktop application is free to download, install, and use.
- Explain how to use a line chart to visualize brand lift for your markets.
- Recognize the importance of modeling data when creating a visualization for campaign traction.
- Recall the benefits of a stacked bar chart when analyzing conversion rates for lead generation efforts.
- Determine how to increase the number of buckets that display data in a histogram chart.
- Identify the benefits of a slicer.