Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Format a visualization, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] The top section of the Visualizations pane…allows us to choose or swap Visualizations.…To change, for example, a column chart…to a bar chart,…like that.…To change this card…to a multi-row card.…In the area below we have two possibilities.…One is the view that allows us to work with our data.…
When we are choosing Count of Name, for example,…we can do that here.…And if we want to remove a field we can do it here,…but we can also do it using the checkboxes on the right.…The area below the Fields list,…which will grow based on the number of Fields,…if I click this Visualization we have two Fields,…for example,…the area below the Values or Fields area…is a Filters area.…And I can create and apply Filters here…to specific Visualizations.…
So currently I'm showing All Cities,…but if I wanted to show, for example,…just one City I could do that here.…Notice that it modifies it,…so I'm seeing only one City.…And this is a multi-pick,…so I could choose multiple Cities here as well.…The other thing I can do in the Visualizations pane…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktopwith Gini von Courter2h 52m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.