Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Explore the Power BI Service, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] I have the retail analysis sample…loaded in Power BI, let's spend a few moments looking…at the interface.…On the left hand side, we have my workspace,…I have a search box which would allow me…to look for my content.…Below that there's a filter, which allows me…to show all content, contend I created only,…or content that was shared with me.…By default it's set on all content.…Dashboards, we have three so far.…If I want to add another dashboard,…there's a plus button to create one.…
Reports, I currently have one.…Datasets, again, we know how to add datasets,…including using the get data button.…On the right hand side we have a filter area…that is similar, and I can click to expose the filter,…by default this is hidden.…At the top of my report I have a tool bar.…I have the ability to save a copy of the report,…to publish a report for public access, to print a report.…
I can decide how I'd like to view this,…either fit to the page, fit to width or show it actual size.…I can switch to the report editor,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learn Microsoft Power BI Desktop: The Basicswith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Fundamentalswith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.