Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Enable Cortana for Power BI, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Since Power BI has a Q&A feature…and Windows has a speech recognition feature called Cortana…why can't I ask Cortana my Power BI questions?…It turns out, you can.…There are some requirements that you need to meet…and I want to tell you how to enable this…so that you can use it.…First, you need to be running a Windows 10 version…that includes Cortana and this is an update…from November of 2015.…You need to be at build 1511 or better.…Next, you have to have Cortana enabled in Windows…and when you enable Cortana, if you have not previously,…one of the things you're asked to do,…but not required to do, is to enter an Office 365 account.…
If you're going to use Cortana with Power BI,…you have to do this and you need to use the same…Office 365 account login that you used with Power BI.…So whatever your login was for Power BI…when you set that up earlier in the course,…you'll want to use exactly that same account here.…If you use a different account then you used with Power BI,…Cortana will not be able to find your…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learn Microsoft Power BI Desktop: The Basicswith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Fundamentalswith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.