Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Download and use a custom visual from the gallery, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] In addition to the visualizations…that you've already seen,…there are more visualizations available…really fro two sources.…First is the team at Microsoft…which continues to create new visualizations,…and additionally we have organizations and individuals…that are creating custom visualizations.…The custom visualizations that Microsoft creates…may well be moved into the list of regular visualizations…that are available, but the custom visualizations…in particular are visualizations that you…need to choose and download.…
The process for using any of the custom visuals…or visualizations is a three step process.…First, you go online in Power BI to the gallery…and find the visualization or visualizations…you wish to use and then you download them.…Next you're going to then upload them…to your Power BI account,…and they'll be uploaded to the visualization pane.…Finally you'll ten simply use them like…you would use the visualizations that are already there.…
The visuals gallery is found at app.powerbi.com/visuals.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktopwith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.