- Explain how to access data from various data sources.
- Differentiate a table from a matrix.
- Describe what is displayed in charts and diagrams on a dashboard.
- Distinguish between ArcGIS and ESRI mapping.
- Determine the most effective visual for a dashboard.
- Review the components used in creating an interactive dashboard.
- Examine the means by which dashboards can be shared.
Skill Level Intermediate
- As a data analyst you know the data. You understand the trends. You know what's going on, but the reality of the situation is that what you know is irrelevant. Your job is to get your findings out in a digestible way for your end-user. They are the most important people here. The best way to do that is to create a dashboard, and not just any dashboard. One that allows the users to interact in a way that delivers meaningful analysis in an interesting way. A great tool for this job is Power BI. Power BI is an extensive tool, but I find it helpful to think of it in three layers. Data, calculations, and visuals. We cannot possibly cover everything about the tool in a single course and this course focuses on the visuals layer by creating optimal Power BI dashboards. Hi, my name is Helen Wall. I'm a Power BI expert and I want to so you how you can leverage this software with the aid of some data analytic skills to create fun and interactive dashboards. That includes working with data from open source websites, analyzing trends that lie within that data, creating visuals to communicate the results, along with interactive and engaging maps, and finally putting everything nicely into a dashboard and making it intuitive and interactive. So what are we waiting for? Let's dig right into creating dashboards with Power BI.
Power BI Data Modeling with DAXwith Gini von Courter1h 6m Intermediate
Power BI Essential Training (2019)with Gini von Courter3h 54m Intermediate
1. Working with Data
2. Creating Visuals
3. Comparing Multiple Variables
4. Mapping Options
5. Creating Dashboards
6. Sharing Dashboards
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.